New limited-time offers that include a free reward night. Hilton Hotels and American Express have co-branded credit cards with special perks for Hilton customers. Each person can only get one welcome offer, per card in your entire lifetime, so it’s best to apply during a temporary bump-up and/or limited-time offer.
Hilton Honors American Express Card
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 70,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points and a Free Night Reward after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 7/19/2023.
- 7X Hilton Honors points on purchases at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio.
- 5X Hilton Honors points on purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
- 3X Hilton Honors points for all other eligible purchases.
- Free Honors Silver status (5th standard reward night free, 2 bottles of water in your room).
- Spend $20,000 in a calendar year on this card and get Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- No annual fee. (See Rates and Fees)
- Terms Apply.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points plus a Free Night Reward after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card within the first three months of Card Membership. Offer ends 7/19/23.
- Earn a Free Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn another Free Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
- Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X at U.S. gas stations, on U.S. purchases for shipping, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, on flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, and at U.S. restaurants, 3X on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors(TM) Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card (free breakfast, room upgrades based on availability, 5th standard reward night free).
- $95 annual fee. (See Rates and Fees)
- Terms Apply.
What are Hilton Honor points worth? The best value is from booking free hotel nights or using their “Points & Money” option where you pay with a combination of Hilton points and cash. Hilton has some really nice properties, but the value varies from hotel to hotel. I just ran a search and for the same 60,000 Hilton points, I could book rooms that cost $320 or $532 cash. I’ve seen some valuations around 0.6 cents per point, which I think is fair on average, but I would be more conservative at 0.5 cents a point. That would make 150,000 points = $750 value and 100,000 points = $500 value towards Hilton hotel stays.
The good part of Hilton points is that they have so many different hotel brands, from business-class DoubleTree to luxury Waldorf Astoria. Hilton also lets you transfer and pool points with other with other family or household members. As long as you keep them active (once every 12 months), I do like to keep some around. These credit cards are handy for creating activity.
Free night award details. The free night is valid any night of the week, includes resort fees and taxes, and does not come with a points limit, but there are some excluded hotels that are not bookable. (Often the timeshare/condo side of a resort is not bookable, but the hotel side is still eligible, such as with the Grand Wailea.) Here is the fine print behind the Free Night Award:
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed for one standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/freenightreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. The Free Night Reward expire 12 months from date of issuance. […] The Free Night Reward includes all applicable resort fees and taxes on the cost of the room for the redeemed night.
Theoretically, this free night award could be used to book a room night that would otherwise require 95,000 Hilton points. Indeed, I have redeemed my award for a night at the Grand Wailea in Maui, which is worth 95,000 points a night. Amazing hotel, and very happy the resort fees were covered as well. However, you may need to book early enough that standard rooms are still available.
Bottom line. Hilton American Express cards offer regular Hilton customers a good opportunity to earn additional points towards free Hilton hotel stays as well as additional perks like status upgrades. The best time to apply for a Hilton co-branded American Express card is during a limited-time increase to their welcome offers. This is because American Express has changed their policy to only allow each person to get a welcome bonus once per card.
During the limited-time offer, I will be adding this to the Top 10 Best Credit Card Bonus Offers and Top 10 Best Business Card Offers.
All information about the Hilton Honors American Express Card and Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has been collected independently by MyMoneyBlog.com.