For the past five years I’ve posted holiday gift ideas and the response has been very positive.
It seems we all have those hard-to-buy-for people and a few extra suggestions are always welcome.
So I once again went into my Amazon order history and picked out some ideas based on what I liked (from my orders the past year).
The list to choose from is bigger each year as I’ve continued to increase my Amazon orders substantially.
But I just picked the best of the best to share with you.
And I’ve arranged them by category just to help.
Let’s get to it! Here goes:
I think you all know I’m a big reader/listener. Here are some books I read this year and you might want to check out…
- Of course there’s my lists of top books. For instance, the only five money books you need to read, the 12 books to read to become a financial expert in a year, and my list of top retirement books.
- Can’t Hurt Me — My book of the year BY FAR! Do yourself a favor and get it! Better yet, get the Audible version as the author is interviewed in between sections of the book and it adds even more to this great book!
- The Boys from Biloxi — My favorite nonfiction book this year. I love John Grisham and read everything he writes — and this is one of his best ever IMO. And Michael Beck as the reader of the audiobook is fantastic!
- Playing For Pizza — Somehow I missed this Grisham book but listened to it this year and loved it. It’s a great story, especially if you like football and Italy (yep, it’s a strange combination but it works — I felt like I was living in Italy the entire time I listened to it.)
- The F.I.R.E. Planner — This is my main gift to younger people who have never heard of fire. I gave away 5-10 copies of this book in 2022 including one to each of my kids. I usually give it to them, tell them to read it, and say, “If you’re not FI by 50 it’s not my fault.” LOL.
- YouTube Secrets: The Ultimate Guide to Growing Your Following and Making Money as a Video Influencer — I got this book and purchased the audio version as well. If you’re thinking of getting into YouTube, this is a GREAT book to get you started. FYI, here’s my channel in case you want to follow my journey (if I get into it — decision is still TBD.) Even if I don’t, I learned a TON from this book.
- How to Get Paid for What You Know — A great book if you’re thinking of creating an online course. It’s easy to read and covers everything. FYI, I am thinking of creating a course or two…pondering that along with the YouTube question.
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Mature Pate Wet Cat Food, Chicken 5.5-oz cans (Pack of 24) — This gets two paws up from Zeus le Mew — it’s his favorite (Amazon says we’ve ordered it 8 times from them in the past 3 years). We order it by the case to get best price per can. Zeus also likes the turkey version of this https://amzn.to/3MRGgeV as well (which we’ve ordered 9 times).
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein, Natural Adult Dry Cat Food, Chicken 12-lb — This is Zeus’s favorite dry food (ordered 3 times over the years.) We mix it with Costco low-calorie dry and he loves it. Since he can’t eat a whole bag, we usually end up giving half of it to our daughter for her cats.
- Unique Loom Sofia Collection Traditional Vintage Turquoise Area Rug — I know, this isn’t really a “cat” item. But we put it in my office so we’d have a nice place to put the kitty litter box and it helps trap the litter better than the wood floor (and it’s easier to vacuum). It adds a bit of color too.
- Lcybem Cat Hammocks for Window – Seat Suction Cups Space Saving Cat Bed, Pet Resting Seat Safety Cat Window Perch for Large Cats, Providing All Around 360° Sunbath for Indoor, Weighted up to 33lbs — Another favorite of Zeus le Mew’s. He loves laying in this “perch” more than anything.
- MeoHui Interactive Cat Feather Toys, 2PCS Retractable Cat Wand Toy and 9PCS Teaser Refills Worm Bird Feathers, Cat Toys for Indoor Cats Kitten Play Chase Exercise, 2PCS Extra String with Clasp Added — Zeus’s favorite toy three years running now. We have gone through probably 70 felt worms in the past few years as we play with it every day.
- FELINE GREENIES Natural Dental Care Cat Treats, Catnip Flavor, All bag sizes — Zeus gets TWO treats per day now if he comes up to his room at night (only one if we have to go downstairs to get him.) He’s about 98% on coming up by himself (he usually runs up). Once he hears the box shake, it’s all over! Hahaha. many nights he’ll go into the room, get on his cat tree, and wait for my wife to come in and treat him.
A hodge podge of great items…
- Seattle’s Best Coffee Portside Blend Medium Roast Whole Bean Coffee, 12-Ounce Bag — Still my favorite flavor of coffee BY FAR.
- Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops — If you live in Colorado you are likely to have dry eyes. These are my go-to drops for when my eyes get really bad. They are recommended by my ophthalmologist as well…if that helps. Hoping I don’t need as much of this in Florida!!!!!! 😉
- HyperX Cloud II – Gaming Headset — My wife doesn’t want to listen to me playing the PS5 or watching YouTube videos on my Chromebook, so these take care of that issue. Hahaha. Very comfortable, even when you play for four hours straight (don’t ask me how I know that). 😉
- Amazon eGift Card — The ultimate gift if you have no idea what to buy someone since they can pick out their own gift and be happy. I give these away on ESI money because they are (by far) the top requested gift card I’m asked for.
That’s my suggested list for this year. See anything you like? Or are there any products you’ve used this year that you especially like/recommend?